So someone nominated me for a Sunshine Blogger “Award.” Except it isn’t an award. It’s an evil chain letter device designed to make me work.
Here are the rules:
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a “get to know the writer better” type of blogging exercise, with a couple of rules attached:
- Answer all 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven bloggers in return and write eleven (possibly fiendish) questions for them to answer.”
The Questions I’m to Answer
- How many cups of coffee/tea/adult beverage must you consume to effectively write? I start my day with two 14oz coffees. I don’t even look at doing anything productive until the first one is gone along with several cigarettes.
- What genre best describes your personality? Fantasy. My mind is always in another world.
- If you were to get rid of one state in the U.S., what would it be and why? Florida. I live there, and even I think these people are beyond screwed up.
- A penguin walks through your door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here? He calmly says to me, “I’m sorry Andrew, but it’s time to go back to rehab.”
- If Tolkien and Austen were to have a Rap Battle, who would win? Why? Definitely Jane. Tolkien would spend the first fifteen minutes describing the microphone.
- What is your honest opinion on garden gnomes? I’ve never given them much thought. However, since reading Monster Hunter International, I think most of them are badass mother fuckers who would be able to kick the ass of most people.
- If you had to create a horocrux, what object would you use and where would you hide it? I had to lookup horocrux. Sorry, never read the Harry Potter books. I think a vibrator would work well for me.
- What footwear do you typically wear while writing? Slippers.
- Do you shower before you start your day or shower before bed? When I had a real job I did. Now I consider changing clothes to be optional.
- If you could be any kind of sandwich, what would you be? What the hell kind of question is that? Wasn’t there an old joke about Barbara Walters asking someone what kind of tree they would be? I’m gonna go with a tuna club, lettuce, tomato, bacon, and hot peppers. Now I’m hungry.
- If you’re the kind of person who actually responds to challenges when tagged on Twitter, why do you feel compelled to respond? I don’t feel compelled. You just happen to tag me when I was bored, needed a break from editing, and had used all my Candy Crush lives.
Questions for my chosen:
- Do you write in the same genre you read?
- What’s your opinion on audiobooks?
- How many times a day do you bang your head on the keyboard out of frustration?
- Book you remember from childhood that you loved and would hide under the blankets with a flashlight to read?
- If you were in a clique in high school, which one was it?
- Band you would want to play at your funeral?
- What item are you always running out of at home because you never buy enough?
- Do you honestly believe that any ONE elected official ever changed something about the way you live on a daily basis?
- What fictional universe would you rather live in?
- Who’s a good boy? (Sorry, the dog got at the keyboard.) Birds as pets?
- Who was the best James Bond?